So I have obsession with Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake. I love pound cake, I love lemon, put them together and it's amazing to me. But I don't want to go and get it all that often so I wanted to make my own. This is what I came up with. The cake is light in lemon flavor and the glaze brings a lot of the acidity. It does take awhile to bake. Make sure you get it cooked through.
225g Granulated Sugar
Zest of 3 Lemons
4 ea Eggs
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 ea Lemon, juiced
500-600g Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest together until light and fluffy. (4-6 min.)
3. Add the eggs one at a time into the mixture, scraping sides often.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the baking powder and salt into the flour.
5. Add the flour to the egg and sugar mixture and beat until the flour is almost mixed in but some is still visible.
6. Remove the bowl and finish mixing batter by hand.
7. Spread into a greased loaf pan and bake for around 60 minutes.
8. When finished, allow to cool completely before glazing.
9. To make the glaze, mix the water and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
10. Slowly add the powdered sugar into the bowl and whisk into the liquid.
11. You may not need all of the sugar or may need a little more depending on the desired consistency. The glaze should be similar to that of honey.
12. Once loaf has cooled, place over a wire rack with plastic wrap underneath and pour glaze over loaf. Use a spatula to help spread onto all sides.
13. Allow to sit and dry on rack before moving.
** If you want a stronger lemon flavor in the cake add some juice while mixing the final flour by hand. You can also add more juice to the glaze if desired.